The Science and Faith Institute of the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum, in collaboration with Othonia, the International Center of Sindonology in Turin and the Giulio Ricci Diocesan Center of Sindonology of Rome is offering for the eighth consecutive year a Postgraduate Certificate in Shroud Studies. This program offers a systematic approach to the intellectual challenges posed by the Shroud of Turin, as well as the opportunity to go deeper into the message that it proposes to the faith and to the heart of believers.
Who Should Take This Course: this program, which covers a wide range of topics, is for clergy, laity, professors, researchers, journalists, and anyone else who may want to gain a deeper understanding of Shroud studies, using an interdisciplinary approach.
Duration: the program is two semesters long.
Registration: from June 15 to October 31, 2020.
Requirements for admission:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or at least a three-year degree
- Alternatively, students may audit the program. To do so, they are only required to complete the courses and conferences, after which they will receive a certificate of attendance.
To obtain the Postgraduate Certificate in Shroud Studies
Students must fulfill the following criteria:
- complete the online courses and pass examinations;
- follow conferences by guest speakers;
- write a 25 to 30-page paper on a topic approved by the Scientific Committee and directed by one of the professors of the program.
- Therefore, 22 ECTS credits are required: 13 from the courses, 3 from the conferences, and 6 from the paper.
Cost (including registration)
- Postgraduate Certificate. Total cost: € 530,00 payable in two installments: € 265,00 at registration and € 265,00 by March 18, 2021.
- Auditors: one-time payment of € 320,00.
You can follow the course completely online.
For further information you can click on the following link:
Attached you can see the brochure of the course.
Web Site: https://www.upra.org